Sarpy County Local News

Omaha apartment fire causes about $10,000 in damage

OMAHA, Nebraska – An apartment fire caused by discarded smoking materials was quickly extinguished, but not before causing some damage.

At 8:36 a.m. on Saturday, crews were called to a fire at an apartment near 35th and Dodge Streets, according to the Omaha Fire Department.

Arriving crews found a small fire in one of the apartments. The fire was quickly extinguished, and the passenger refused medical attention. No other injuries were reported.

The OFD says the fire was caused by accident due to improperly disposed of smoking materials.

The fire department’s report also indicated that there were no smoke detectors in the apartment.

The fire caused approximately $5,000 in damage to the structure and another $5,000 to its contents.

Content Source


The Sarpy County – Latest News:
Omaha Local News || Nebraska State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Tech News || Lifestyle News

Related Articles

Comments are closed.

Back to top button