York police investigating after nearly 37,000 lbs of meat were stolen from a semi-trailer last weekend
YORK, Nebraska – The York Police Department is investigating the theft of several thousand pounds of meat from a tractor-trailer.
According to the York Police Department, between 5 and 6:30 a.m. on September 17, the suspects took a semi tractor and a refrigerated Great Dane trailer.
According to York Police, the thieves shifted 37,000 pounds of beef from the stolen trailer to another trailer at the Waco exit off Interstate 80.
The stolen tractor-trailer combination has been recovered.
Contact York County Crime Stoppers at 402-362-2999 or the York Police Department at 402-363-2640 if you have any information on this theft. Your anonymous tip may be qualified for a cash reward from Crime Stoppers.
The Grand Island Police Department is investigating the theft of trailers containing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of beef over the weekend.
More Omaha Local News:
- Omaha Mayor pushes the climate action plan, expected the plan to be ready by 2024
- Traffic stop on Wednesday morning in Douglas County resulted with huge drug bust, two people arrested
- Construction projects on the bridges at Highway 370, Chandler, and J Street have all resulted in significant impacts for drivers, but the project is almost done
- Omaha residents will soon receive yet another affordable housing area, part of broader development project
- Omaha area businesses are in need in more warehouse space, how the city will respond to this request?