Local News

Wood-burning stove caused fire on Omaha on Sunday, report

OMAHA, Nebraska – A fire that started in a garage was extinguished late on Sunday night.

At approximately 8:03 p.m. on Sunday, the Omaha Fire Department responded to a complaint about a detached garage that was on fire at the intersection of 14th and Ames.

The unattached garage that was located in an alleyway was completely engulfed in flames when the firefighters got at the scene.

The fire was put out by the crews just in time to prevent it from spreading to a neighbouring property.

There were no reports of any injuries.

According to the Omaha Fire Department, the blaze was started by a stove that burned wood.

The structure suffered damages worth around $15,000 as a direct result of the fire.

The Sarpy County – Latest News:
Omaha Local News || Nebraska State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Tech News || Lifestyle News

Related Articles

Back to top button