LINCOLN, Nebraska – On Saturday, the first casino in Lincoln and the state will open.
Friday, the Nebraska Racing and Gaming Commission voted to grant WarHorse Gaming Lincoln, LLC an operating license.
The casino is located southwest of Lincoln at the Lincoln Race Course.
The casino that will open on Saturday will pale in comparison to how it will appear when development is complete. The first phase features a 9,000-square-foot gaming floor, over 400 slot machines, simulcast and live racing, and simulcast and live horse racing.
The second phase, scheduled for completion in September 2023, will feature over 1,100 slot machines, 100 table games, a sportsbook, and both live and simulcast horse racing. The completed construction will include a variety of dining establishments, including an upscale restaurant, sports bar, café, and others. In addition, there will be a 200-room hotel and a three-story parking garage.
Most recent articles:
- The first human case of West Nile Virus was confirmed by the Three Rivers Public Health Department on Thursday
- 24-year-old man from Blair was sentenced just under 10 years in prison on Thursday for plotting to kill a federal fish and wildlife officer
- York police investigating after nearly 37,000 lbs of meat were stolen from a semi-trailer last weekend
- Nebraska State Patrol trooper found a cat in a ditch and saved her, the photos shared on social media are now going viral
- Two Omaha inmates somehow removed their monitors and escaped from Community Correctional Center in Omaha on Thursday night
- Fremont authorities found dead body on Highway 275 near Fremont, ongoing investigation