Local News

Three Omaha victims that were found dead inside a Millard home Wednesday have been identified by the local officials

OMAHA, Nebraska — The identities of the three deceased victims found on Wednesday inside a home in Millard were revealed by the Omaha Police Department on Thursday.

According to the Omaha police, the deaths of three individuals, David Coleman, 52, Thomas Coleman, 18, and Cole Oban, 19, are likely to have been caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.

At about 5:47 in the evening, police officers were dispatched to a location close to the west of the Millard Airport. When emergency personnel arrived at the house on 136th Circle and Z Street, all three of the occupants had already passed already.

The woman who was also discovered in the house is alive and doing well after being found there. A dead dog was discovered inside the house as well.

The investigation has determined that it was an accident.

Neighbors have been visibly shaken, and many of them are now taking precautions by changing the batteries in their carbon monoxide detectors and installing their own carbon monoxide alarms.

When the bodies of the three people were discovered, one of their neighbors was present at their home.

“I’ve been watching mud trucks and vans and automobiles driving up and down our streets very slowly as early as 10:30 this morning all the way up to when this has happened,” the neighbor added. “Pretty much all day long — been seeing mud trucks and vans and cars traveling up and down our streets extremely slowly.”

KETV NewsWatch 7 tried to get in touch with the Metropolitan Utilities District on Thursday several times via phone in order to obtain an explanation; however, we were never able to get through to anyone because their mailbox was full.

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that has no taste or smell and can be produced by your home’s gas and heating systems.

Marshall of the Papillion Fire Department According to Steve Thornburg, purchasing an alarm is the most effective way to shield yourself from the risk of being exposed.

Related Articles

Back to top button