Shooting incident outside of a sports bar in unincorporated Coal City early Saturday morning fatal for two victims, police
Grundy County, Illinois – Two males were discovered shot to death early Saturday morning in unincorporated Coal City, according to investigators.
Saturday around 12:30 a.m., officers were dispatched to the Gippers Sports Club and Eatery in the 8400 block of East Pine Bluff Road in response to a report of gunfire, according to officials from the Grundy County Sheriff’s Office.
When deputies arrived, they discovered two guys outdoors in a pavilion area who had been shot. According to authorities, both individuals were pronounced dead at the scene, and a handgun was recovered.
The fatalities were identified as Joliet residents Dameonta Terry-Travis, 25, and Darius Travis, 33.
According to authorities, police have continued to interrogate bar clients and personnel, but no suspects are currently in custody and an investigation is ongoing.
Both the Illinois State Police and the Will/Grundy Major Crimes Task Force are aiding in the investigation.
Most recent articles:
- Omaha teenager was injured and transferred to hospital for treatment following a stabbing incident on Saturday
- Saturday night motorcycle incident in Omaha fatal for one person, police
- Nearly 50 firefighters, part of the Nebraska Task Force 1 who went to Puerto Rico to assists the locals, have returned to Nebraska
- 69-year-old Omaha man, who was taken into custody last week, has died on Sunday in the Douglas County Department of Corrections
- The Omaha City Council has approved an additional $50,000 in funds supporting the Zorinsky Lake’s playground