OMAHA, Nebraska – One individual was killed in a Saturday night motorcycle accident.
Saturday around 11:08 p.m., according to Omaha Police, police responded to a crash involving a motorbike near 81st and Maple Street.
Police say 71-year-old Ira L. Burks Sr. was traveling eastward on a 2006 Honda VTX1300 when he drove off the road and struck a mailbox.
Burks was transported to Bergan Mercy, where he was later pronounced dead.
Anyone who saw the collision should contact the Omaha Police Traffic Unit.
Most recent posts:
- A grass fire was reported in Lincoln on Saturday, no significant damages reported
- Multi-vehicle crash in Bellevue fatal for two people, several more injured
- Omaha house fire Saturday morning to the area of 38th and Hamilton Street, Omaha FD crews responded
- Omaha shooting incident on Friday resulted with one male victim injured, ongoing investigation
- Roundup of sentences handed down last week in federal court in Omaha
- Successful cancer treatment were lifesaving for Omaha resident
- Omaha health experts advise local residents to get vaccinated against polio