SC – ORANGEBURG COUNTY The South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating a Saturday afternoon collision that resulted in the death of one person and the injury of another.
It occurred shortly after 5 p.m. on US Route 601 about five miles north of Orangeburg.
According to Master Trooper Brandon Bolt, a northbound 2017 Ford Fiesta crossed the roadway’s centerline. The vehicle then left the roadway, collided with a tree, and overturned.
Bolt stated that the driver of the vehicle died and the passenger was sent to the hospital.
The Coroner’s Office of Orangeburg County has not yet published the victim’s name.
More news from our site:
- Heavy alcohol use has very negative impact on the heart and might potentially lead to fatality, recent study shows
- Evolutionary scientists say Covid ‘may be settling down and Omicron might be the last serious strain to impact our lives
- Studies have indicated that good social relations may inhibit cognitive decline and build cognitive reverse preventing dementia
- 74 percent of teachers believe poor mental health support affects children’s ability to learn, results of a recent study shows
- Mayo Clinic study shows that one common corticosteroid medication called prednisone may “increase your risk of developing shingles”