Richmond police officer, who was shot in the head in the line of duty at a traffic stop weeks ago, has died

RICHMOND, Indiana — Five weeks after she was shot in the head while on the job at a traffic stop in the state of Indiana, a police officer has passed away from her injuries.

Read more news about Omaha shooting incidents on Reddit – Follow us!

At 9:59 p.m., K9 Officer Seara Burton of the Richmond Police Department passed away at Reid Health, where she was surrounded by her family. Sunday, Richmond Police Chief Michael Britt revealed in a statement that was prepared for release the previous evening.

When Burton started working for the police department, he was 28 years old and had been there for four years.

She was killed by a gunshot on August 10, only nine days before her wedding was scheduled to take place.

At the Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, where he stayed for a total of three weeks, Burton was hospitalized. Her injuries were deemed to be “irrecoverable,” and on September 1 she was taken off of artificial life support. On September 3, she was transferred to a hospice care.

As she fought against the odds, the law enforcement referred to her as “wonderful.”

A status update posted by the police department on their Facebook page on September 15 read, “Seara continues to fight and show her courage.” “I ask that you continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.”

According to the chief, the final preparations are still being worked out and an announcement will be made as soon as the specifics are available.

According to what was said, “we would like to extend our most heartfelt gratitude to the people of Richmond, as well as those who have supported Seara, her family, and the department from a close proximity or farther away.”

On Monday, the remains of Burton will be brought back to Richmond from Dayton with the assistance of the Richmond Police Department and a number of other law enforcement organizations.

Phillip M. Lee, 47, of Richmond is the person who is suspected of being responsible for the shooting, and he is currently being detained in an Indiana jail on a bond of $1.5 million.

Related Articles

Back to top button