Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are not invited to the reception before Elizabeth II’s funeral
According to reports from the Telegraph, Prince Harry and his bride Meghan Markle did not receive invitations to attend the reception held at Buckingham Palace prior to the funeral of the late Queen Elizabeth II.
King Charles III was the one who was responsible for organizing the event. The reception will be attended by world leaders and other royals, including the Vice President of the United States, Joe Biden, and the President of France, Emmanuel Macron.
The Dukes of Sussex were originally scheduled to attend the event; however, the royal aides later notified them that the invitation to the reception was only extended to members of the royal family who are responsible for official duties in the royal household.
“They are confused by this confusion and don’t understand whether they should attend or not,” a source told The Telegraph, noting that due to the duke’s refusal of duties, Harry and Meghan are not required to follow protocol and attend this event. Because of the duke’s refusal of duties, Harry and Meghan are not required to attend this event.
On September 19, the funeral of the late Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom will take place in London.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that it was previously said that the decision on the titles that will be bestowed upon Meghan and Harry’s children would be made after the period of mourning for the Queen has ended.