People eating ‘ultra processed’ foods are more likely to develop bowel cancer, scientist say
Mr Wang said: “These items contain processed meats such as sausages, bacon, ham, and fish cakes. The evidence supports our hypothesis.”
Significant use of sugary beverages, such as carbonated and fruit-based beverages, was also connected with a high risk of colon cancer in men, however not all processed foods were found to be equally detrimental.
Co-author of the Fang Fang Zhang added: “We discovered an inverse relationship between ultra-processed dairy items such as yogurt and the incidence of colorectal cancer in women.”
This was believed to be one of the reasons why women were less affected.
Most recent posts:
- A grass fire was reported in Lincoln on Saturday, no significant damages reported
- Multi-vehicle crash in Bellevue fatal for two people, several more injured
- Omaha house fire Saturday morning to the area of 38th and Hamilton Street, Omaha FD crews responded
- Omaha shooting incident on Friday resulted with one male victim injured, ongoing investigation
- Roundup of sentences handed down last week in federal court in Omaha
- Successful cancer treatment were lifesaving for Omaha resident
- Omaha health experts advise local residents to get vaccinated against polio