OMAHA, Nebraska – Police in Omaha apprehend a suspect who allegedly possessed a firearm on school grounds. This is not the complete story.
Last week, Omaha police pursued a black Cadillac that, according to them, was racing through a neighborhood.
According to detectives, after striking a storm drain around 35th and Decatur, the vehicle came to a halt and the driver and passenger fled in opposite directions.
Officers report seeing the passenger fleeing while carrying a firearm. As he raced along the north side of Franklin Elementary, officers say he crossed the street with the firearm still in his hands.
This is the basis for the possession of a firearm on school property charge.
According to court records, Nolan Waters, 27, is a convicted felon. For the most recent incident, he was arrested for obstruction, felon in possession of a firearm, and possession of an AR-15 on school grounds.
In 2019, law enforcement was investigating how he and other inmates gained access to telephones within the Nebraska State Penitentiary. It is unclear what, if any, progress investigators made.
There is a Snapchat video of Nolan Waters sending a short video from his jail while serving a four-year sentence for possession of a lethal weapon by a criminal. He was freed on parole in the summer of last year.
The bond for Waters’ release from the Douglas County Jail is $75,000.
Most recent news on TheSarpyCounty.com:
- Recent study reveals why babies smell so irresistible
- Matthew McConaughey opens up about his private life
- NASA made history last night by performing the “first planetary defense test” of our planet against an asteroid impact
- Actress Laura Pripon, also known as Donna Pinciotti in the “Crazy 70s” series, surprised fans with a new hairstyle
- Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters wrote an open letter to Vladimir Putin after cancelling two concerts in Poland
- Rihanna’s return to the big stage was long-awaited, she will perform at halftime of the “Super bowl” on February 12 in Arizona