Local News

Omaha house fire incident Tuesday morning almost completely damaged a home, careless disposal of smoking materials was the cause

OMAHA, Nebraska – Tuesday morning, firefighters responded to a house blaze.

Tuesday just before 11 a.m., according to the Omaha Fire Department, workers responded to a fire in the 1900 block of South 18th Street.

Officials decided that irresponsible disposal of smoking materials was the cause of the incident.

The second level of the residence was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. When fire crews came, everyone was out of the house, although some people were entering and exiting.

The fire department did not believe anyone required hospital transport. The fire was also survived by two dogs.

To combat the blaze’s heat, firefighters were alternating shifts. Due to the fire, three adults and two pets are relocated.

There is an anticipated total monetary loss of $35,500.

Related Articles

Back to top button