Local News

Omaha firefighters put out a fire in a detached garage on 33rd Street and Lafayette

OMAHA, Nebraska (Nebraska) — Omaha fire brigades responded to a fire at a detached garage near 33rd Street and Lafayette Avenue Thursday afternoon.

Just after 13:00, firefighters noticed the approaching flames and smoke. The resident attempted to put out the fire before the OFD crews arrived and suffered minor facial burns. She was treated on the spot, medical transportation was refused.

The fire was under control within 20 minutes. The reason was found to be that a legal fire pit was placed too close to combustibles. There were no smoke detectors in the garage.

Property losses are estimated at $18,500.

Content Source

The Sarpy County – Latest News:
Omaha Local News || Nebraska State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Tech News || Lifestyle News

Related Articles

Back to top button