Omaha family forced to evacuate their homes after apartment fire on Tuesday afternoon

OMAHA, Nebraska (Nebraska) — An Omaha family was left homeless Tuesday after an electrical fire broke out in their apartment. The family moved just nine days ago.

It happened in a complex around 90th Street and south of Western Avenue. The Omaha Fire Department says the fire started while maintenance crews were replacing a dryer.

The fire affected about nine apartments. Three were hit by water and fire, while the other six were hit by smoke.

“The first thing I thought about was hope, you know, that nobody got hurt. The next thing I moved on was the type of damage and where we would be in when it comes to salvation. So I was just hoping, basically,” said resident Adam Darlington.

Nobody was hurt in the fire.


Content Source

Related Articles

Back to top button