Nebraska

Nebraska family lost their home in house fire, space heater believed to be the cause of the fire, report

North Platte, Nebraska – Nebraska family lost their home after house fire completely destroyed the home on Tuesday.

According to the incident report, fire crews responded at the scene at 921 West 10th Street at 5:00 p.m. following a 911 report in regards to a house fire.

When fire crews arrived at the scene, back side of the house was completely in flames.

Firefighters immediately intervened and the fire was put under control in around ten minutes. The fire was completely extinguished shortly after.

Battalion Chief Jason Trimble later confirmed that only one person was in the house when the fire started. Trimble added that the person was sleeping at the time, but he was able to safely escape. He was unharmed. No other people were inside the house.

Fire officials believe that the reason for the fire is a space heater that was working in the living room.

The home was completely destroyed in the incident.

Since the family had place to stay, the American Red Cross was not called for assistance.

Related Articles

Back to top button