NDOT Seeks Applicant Feedback on State Electric Vehicle Charging Plan

LINCOLN, Nebraska (Nebraska) — The Nebraska Department of Transportation is seeking feedback from applicants for the state’s electric vehicle infrastructure plan.

According to the NDOT, a request for information (RFI) was issued to broaden the scope of the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) program and obtain more information from potential applicants on the specifics of the program.

The NEVI program builds on the bipartisan Infrastructure Act of 2021 and provides nearly $7.5 billion to states to expand the nation’s electric vehicle charging network. Nebraska will receive approximately $6 million over the next five years.

According to the NDOT, the first year of the program aims to develop electric vehicle charging infrastructure along alternative fuel corridors (AFCs). Nebraska’s AFCs include Interstate 80 almost throughout the state, as well as Nebraska Route 31 and U.S. Route 6 in the Omaha area.

I-80 Vehicle Charger Plan as outlined in the Nebraska Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Deployment Plan (Nebraska Department of Transportation)

As outlined in the program plan, NDOT will support up to 80% of the project’s capital costs, with applicants required to provide the remaining 20%. Applicants will provide the location of vehicle charging stations.

Applicants for the NEVI program are asked to respond to seven feedback concepts, including how funding is allocated, where the funding comes from, potential risks, where charging stations will be located, and more.

An online meeting will take place on February 13 to provide an opportunity for feedback. The deadline for receiving NDOT feedback is February 24th. NDOT suggests checking its NEVI website for meeting connection information.

Content Source

The Sarpy County – Latest News:
Omaha Local News || Nebraska State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Tech News || Lifestyle News

Related Articles

Back to top button