Nashville Police Release Disturbing Update After Checking Records Of ‘The Covenant’ School Killer
Police announced on Monday that transgender shooter Audrey Hale had been planning an attack on a Christian elementary school for “months”, according to a press release.
The Metro Nashville Police Department gave update to the investigation into the Covenant school mass shooting in the issue, noting that Hale’s manifest indicated that she had “planned for months to commit mass murder”.
Hale also studied how other “mass murderers” committed acts of violence and “acted completely alone,” according to police.
“In Hale’s collective notes found in her car in the school parking lot and others later found in the bedroom of her home, she documented in journals her planning over the course of several months to carry out the Covenant School massacre,” the release reads. “The letters remain under scrutiny by the Department of Police and the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit, based in Quantico, Virginia.
“The motive for Hale’s actions has not been established and is still being investigated by the Homicide Squad in consultation with the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit.”
Hale, who used male pronouns and sometimes went by the name Aiden, entered Covenant School March 27 and shot and killed three children and three adult employees who were pronounced dead at the scene.
The footage from the TV camera showed Mnpd arrival a few minutes after the shooting began, and then the shot at Hale.
The MNPD confirmed that the FBI’s Homicide and Behavioral Analysis Units are continuing to study the “scriptures” to determine a motive, the report said.
Police also determined that Hale fired 152 shots during the shooting, and that Officers Rex Engelbert and Michael Collazo fired four shots from a 5.56mm rifle and four shots from a department-issued 9mm pistol, respectively.
Should officials immediately release Audrey Hale’s manifesto?
Yes: 96% (23 votes)
No: 4% (1 vote)
Nashville City Councilman Robert Swope told the Daily Caller News Foundation last week that Hale’s writings will be released after the FBI completes its analysis.
A spokesperson for the MNPD told DNCF that the case is currently still “open” and as a result, the department cannot say if the manifesto will be made public in the future.
All content produced by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and impartial news service, is available free of charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s signature, and DCNF affiliation.
For any questions about our policies or partnerships with us, please contact [email protected].
The Sarpy County – Latest News:
Omaha Local News || Nebraska State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Tech News || Lifestyle News