Mom’s rage when son was ‘sent home from hospital twice’ before he died of Strep A

Mom claims her son was sent home from the hospital twice, despite him “suffocating” on the floor in the waiting room and then dying of Streptococcus A.

Sajida Jabin says doctors gave eight-year-old Mohammad Izaan Danish doses of ibuprofen and an inhaler before realizing two days later how dire his condition was.

The mother-of-three claims to have twice waited six hours at the Royal Bradford Hospital, pleading with doctors to take her son’s symptoms seriously.

During their second visit, the 39-year-old said that Mohammed was forced to sit on the floor in the hospital, suffering from severe chest pains as there were no chairs left.

Sajida said the true extent of Mohammed’s illness was only noted at a GP appointment, prompting her to rush him back to the hospital for treatment.

However, just over three weeks later, he succumbed to the virus, which has claimed the lives of some 30 children in the UK this winter.

Sajida said she was “pissed off” that doctors didn’t take care of him sooner after the hospital foundation confirmed it would launch a “thorough investigation” into his death.

She said, “I am angry. He lay on the floor, gasping for breath from chest pain and fever. He couldn’t even lie down. There was no place for him.

“They could take care of him more and take him to the ward or something.

“There was a wait of four to six hours, and then he was given ibuprofen, which should not have been.

“He was just really friendly and happy, always smiling.”

Sajida, a full-time working mom from Bradford, West Yorkshire, said Mohammed began to feel unwell around December 9 last year, suffering from a cough and fever.

On the evening of 10 December, she decided to take him to the Royal Bradford Hospital (BRI) A&E, as she was worried that his symptoms were getting worse.

But she claims the doctors simply gave him medicine before telling her he could go home after they waited about six hours for help.

Sajida claimed that they received the same response when she took Mohammed back to the hospital the next evening, December 11, despite the fact that he was experiencing chest pains.

She said: “I took him to the hospital, to BRI. There was an expectation, they saw him and gave him ibuprofen.

“And then, after another wait, he was given a nebulizer. Then they said: “He’s all right, he can go home.”

“The second day was even worse, there was another wait and he ended up on the floor. There were no chairs or anything to sit on.

“He couldn’t even lie down because his chest hurt so badly. He just wanted to sit down.

“They gave him ibuprofen. He had a temperature. I waited another four to six hours.”

Sajida said she had an appointment with a general practitioner for Mohammed the next morning, and the medics later gave her permission to take him home.

But when she visited her local surgery, she said her doctor was overwhelmed by the little boy’s health and told her to return to the hospital immediately.

She said: “The doctor was very, very shocked. He felt very bad.

“He said, ‘Why didn’t you take him to the hospital?’ I said, “I took it, but they don’t really do that much.”

“I quickly took him to the hospital. He gave me a note and I gave it to them. They started checking him, and that’s it.”

Mohammad was admitted to the Initiative on 12 December and was transferred to the Leeds General Infirmary the following day.

But tragically, on January 6 of this year, he died of streptococcal pneumonia A.

Sajida said of her son, “He really enjoyed playing football. He was a Manchester United fan. He wanted to do many things. He was a happy child.

“He was in fourth grade and loved to learn. He liked his teachers and his friends.”

Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Chief Medical Officer Dr. Ray Smith: “I would like to express our sincere and sincere condolences to Izan’s parents on the tragic death of their son.

“I will conduct a thorough investigation and the results will be shared with Izan’s parents as soon as it is completed.”

Content Source

The Sarpy County – Latest News:
Omaha Local News || Nebraska State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Tech News || Lifestyle News

Related Articles

Back to top button