Minor boy is still in critical condition after falling into Lake Michigan near Navy Pier Monday

Chicago, Ill. – Authorities report that a 3-year-old youngster remains in critical condition and police are speaking with his guardian after falling into Lake Michigan near Navy Pier on Monday.

Monday at approximately 1:00 p.m., according to a CFD spokeswoman, emergency officials were dispatched to a stretch of the lake in the 700 block of East Grand Avenue after receiving a report of a youngster in the water.

According to authorities, police, fire, and diving crews responded to the incident. According to officials, emergency personnel discovered the youngster, grabbed him from the water, and promptly gave aid.

According to officials, the infant was transported to Lurie Children’s Hospital while in cardiac arrest. As of Tuesday morning, his status remains critical.

Monday evening, CPD Deputy Police Chief Gabriella Shemash stated in a press conference that the youngster fell into the ocean at the north end of the pier. A boardwalk stretches along the waterline at the north end, which is normally used as a service road and parking area.

“EMS responded and swiftly took the child from the water and administered help,” Shemash said during a Monday evening news conference. As is the case with any situation involving children, please keep the family in your thoughts.

During the news conference, police were asked multiple questions, but they did not give any additional information about the incident, including if the youngster fell from a boat or the pier, or how long he may have been in the water.

Officials stated they were speaking with the boy’s guardian who was present throughout the incident.

Following the event, Navy Pier issued a statement and recommended additional inquiries to the police.

“Navy Pier is profoundly distressed to learn that a kid rescued from the water this afternoon was injured “the assertion read. “We are collaborating closely with the Chicago Police Department as they conduct their investigation into the incident. Our thoughts and prayers are with the boy and his family.”

Related Articles

Back to top button