Increased law enforcement in Lincoln during the first three home football games resulted in dozens of citations for drivers
LINCOLN, Nebraska – During the beginning of the football season, the Lincoln Police Department concluded an effort to combat underage drinking.
In an effort to reduce criminal behavior, the LPD intensified enforcement during the first three home football games.
Officers observed the following infractions:
- 16 citations for minor in possession
- 24 citations for consuming in public
- 5 citations for minor misrepresenting age
- 2 citations for urinating in public
- 4 citations for narcotics
- 1 citation for false information to officer
- 1 citation for littering
- 104 parking citations
- 30 vehicles towed
- 3 criminal citations
Funding for the increased enforcement was provided by Nebraska Department of Transportation-Highway Safety Office.