Local News

Early Tuesday morning fire incident in Omaha caused more than $70,000 damage, Omaha FD said

OMAHA, Nebraska – The kitchen fire incurred $70,000 in damages.

Tuesday at 1:34 a.m., according to the Omaha Fire Department, workers responded to a fire at an apartment complex near 70th and Oak Street.

A fire was discovered in the unit’s kitchen on the second floor.

The single resident discovered the fire on his stove. Before leaving the building, he initially attempted to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher. Glass sliced the occupant’s hand, and he was treated at the site.

The fire was restricted to the kitchen and adjoining cupboards, according to the fire department.

The stove was mistakenly left with combustibles on it, according to Omaha Fire.

The fire caused $35,000 in damages to the home’s structure and another $35,000 in damages to its contents.

Content Source

 

The Sarpy County – Latest News:
Omaha Local News || Nebraska State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Tech News || Lifestyle News

Related Articles

Back to top button