News

Dog saves Lincoln family from certain death

LINCOLN, Nebraska – The firefighters of Lincoln Fire and Rescue believe that the barking of a dog was what alerted the residents to the flames in their home.

On Monday morning at six o’clock, the Lincoln Fire Department was called to a residence on SW Jordan Street, which is located off W A Street in the southwest part of the city, in response to a report of a smoke smell that turned out to be an attic fire.

LFR reports that when they got on the scene, personnel noticed considerable smoke and fire coming from the attic of a single-family home.

A fire on Monday at home in southwest Lincoln caused $150,000 in damage.
A fire on Monday at home in southwest Lincoln caused $150,000 in damage.(Lincoln Fire and Rescue)

In total, three animals—two canines and a feline—and two humans had successfully escaped the burning house.

The homeowner said that he was in the process of repairing his smoke detectors and that a family dog alerted him to the fire, according to the firefighters who responded to the scene.

According to the firefighters, the fire began in the kitchen as a result of improper wiring, and it spread up the wall into the attic space.

According to LFR, the cost of repairing the damage to the residence is projected to be $150,000.

According to the firefighters, there were no injuries that were reported.

The Sarpy County – Latest News:
Omaha Local News || Nebraska State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Tech News || Lifestyle News

Related Articles

Back to top button