Chiefs Day, Kansas City! Everything you need to know.
KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) – The big celebration continues after the Chiefs’ second Super Bowl title in four years!
The parade to honor the NFL champions is scheduled to begin today at noon. We will be streaming live on KCTV5 as well as streaming the entire parade and rally online on KCTV5.com and our Facebook page.
Here’s a summary of everything you need to know:
The parade will begin at noon on Sixth Street and Grand Boulevard, moving down Grand Road until it finally heads west along Pershing Road. It will end at Union Station in front of the north lawn of the World War I Memorial.
The rally at Union Station is expected to begin around 1:45 pm.
The road along the parade route began closing on Tuesday. Roads along the route will open on Wednesday at 19:00.
Streets running east and west of the Grand are blocked off between Walnut and McGee streets. It extends from the Berkeley waterfront south to Pershing Road.
Union Station is also closed to the public until Thursday at 6am.
The City announced that vehicles will be allowed to cross Grand Boulevard at 7th Street/Admiral Boulevard, 13th Street, Truman Road and 18th Street until 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Pedestrians will be able to cross the Grand at 9th Street, 13th Street, Truman Road, 18th Street and 20th Street.
Here is the itinerary for the Wednesday Chiefs Parade in Kansas City (Kansas City City).
HOW CAN I GET THERE?
To get to the city center via metro, you can use various types of public transport.
KCATA offers round-trip service from five locations. Park and Ride shuttles will run from 7:30 am to 11:00 am and then again from 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Passengers should be aware that they must return to the drop off location of their particular shuttle and be prepared for waiting times of up to 45 minutes at popular locations.
- worlds of fun – 4545 Worlds of Fun Ave, Kansas City, MO 64161 (map); Event drop-off and transfer: Truman Road & Lydia
- HighVee Arena / West Bottoms (map) – 1800 Genesis Street, Kansas City, MO 64102; Disembarkation at the event and transfer: 18th and Troost
- Swoop Park/Zoo (map) – 6800 Zoo Dr, Kansas City, MO 64132; Event drop-off and transfer: 31st & Gillham
- Oak Park Mall – 11149 W 95th St, Overland Park, KS 66214 (map) (95th and Neiman Road Park & Ride); Event drop-off and transfer: 25th & Southwest Boulevard
- 47th and State Metro Center (map) – 4601 State Ave, Kansas City, KS 66102; Event drop-off and transfer: 31st & Gillham
United Government also offers free shuttle service to downtown Kansas City, Missouri. Shuttle service to the parade will be via (KCK Transit Metrocenter, 47th and State Avenues): 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM.
Fans can board buses marked “Green” to the parade’s designated drop off area at 31st Street and Gillham. Buses will return from the parade from 12:00 to 16:30.
The United Government offers free shuttle service for the parade of chiefs. (United Government)
City leaders have asked attendees to share cars if they cannot use public transportation.
The National World War I Museum, Union Station, Crown Center and other locations will charge for parking but are expected to fill up quickly.
Scooters and bicycles will not be allowed to ride on closed roads.
PUBLIC SAFETY / CHILD RELEASE ZONES
Nineteen law enforcement agencies will assist in securing the parade, and more than 200 medical personnel will be stationed at various points along the route.
Seven child reunion sites have been created for anyone who separates from a parent or group.
- UMB Bank | 928 Grand Boulevard (map)
- Kansas City Missouri Police Department | 1125 Locust Street (map)
- T-Mobile Center Hall | 14th and Grand (map)
- Resurrection city center | Grand Boulevard 1601 (map)
- UMB Bank | Grand Boulevard 1800 (map)
- Blue cross and blue shield – entrance from the west side | 2301 Main Street (map)
- Lanchland in the Crown Center | 2475 Grand (map) | Located on the third level above the SEA LIFE Aquarium and the LEGOLAND DISCOVERY CENTER.
The KC tram will be replaced by two RideKC bus routes starting at 6:00 am. Union Station, City Market, River Market North, and River Market West tram stops will be closed for service.
AVAILABILITY OF HELL
The space at the Crown Center was designed for wheelchair access and ADA access. Seating will be limited and will be done on a first come, first serve basis. There will be ASL interpreters in the area.
PSA FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Drinking alcohol in public places is prohibited.
- Cellular services can be extremely limited due to large crowds.
- Wear comfortable clothes and be prepared to walk more than you expect.
- Plan ahead in case you get separated from the group.
- Make sure children have contact information for parents or guardians.
- The area at the Crown Center will be dedicated to people with disabilities.
- Drones are prohibited.
HOW CAN I VIEW?
If you are unable to attend the rally, KCTV5 will broadcast the parade and rally live from 12:00 until the end of the rally. Click here to watch our live stream.
The Sarpy County – Latest News:
Omaha Local News || Nebraska State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Tech News || Lifestyle News