OMAHA, Nebraska — Monday evening, candidates for Douglas County Sheriff participated in a forum at a local church.
At Pleasant Green Baptist Church, Greg Gonzalez, a Democrat and Omaha’s Deputy Police Chief, and Sergeant Aaron Hanson, a Republican with the Omaha Police Department, addressed questions.
Both candidates explained why they believe they are the most qualified for the position.
“I believe that understanding both the policy level and how these decisions affect people’s homes on the street level is essential. This is my best strength,” Hanson stated.
“I adhere to best procedures. I’m not one to follow common opinion or what I believe is right. Gonzalez stated, “I want to adhere to scientifically proven practices.”
During the event, the candidates also discussed departmental recruitment and diversity.
Most recent news on TheSarpyCounty.com:
- Recent study reveals why babies smell so irresistible
- Matthew McConaughey opens up about his private life
- NASA made history last night by performing the “first planetary defense test” of our planet against an asteroid impact
- Actress Laura Pripon, also known as Donna Pinciotti in the “Crazy 70s” series, surprised fans with a new hairstyle
- Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters wrote an open letter to Vladimir Putin after cancelling two concerts in Poland
- Rihanna’s return to the big stage was long-awaited, she will perform at halftime of the “Super bowl” on February 12 in Arizona