Crime and Safety

41-year-old man from Florida faces several charges from killing his wife and stepson, then raping a witness, police

A guy has been charged in connection with a murderous rampage that took place at a trailer park in Florida. He is accused of raping a witness as well as fatally beating his wife and stepson.

On Wednesday, Lake County, Florida, authorities arrested a 41-year-old man named Justin Jones on counts of first-degree murder, sexual battery, and false imprisonment.

According to an affidavit filed in the disturbing case, Lake County sheriff’s deputies went to the Thousand Trails RV park in Clermont at approximately 2:00 p.m. after a woman caller reported that she had witnessed a homicide and that she had been tied up and raped. She also stated that she had been present during the rape.

When officers entered the blood-spattered residence, they discovered two deaths, which were later determined to be those of Jones’ wife, Sandra Gaudino, 38, and his stepson, Ty Finister, 17 years old.

After a brief pursuit, Jones was captured a short while later in the parking lot of a Publix supermarket located in the neighborhood.

WESH reports that investigators believe Jones killed his wife with a hammer on Tuesday night, then hid her body beneath a mattress after wrapping it in a trash bag and placing it there. Jones is accused of killing his stepson with the mallet several hours later, when his stepson returned home, and then placing his stepson’s head in a bag.

When asked about the devastation, Lieutenant Fred Jones of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office said, “In 25 years of doing this, this is certainly one of the worst.”

The female witness, who reported to the authorities that she witnessed the fatal beating of Finister, claimed that Jones bound her hands with duct tape and zip ties, stripped her clothes off of her, and sexually assaulted her for several hours before she was finally able to escape after she asked to use the restroom.

According to the affidavit, when Jones was being arrested, he confessed to both the murders and the sexual assaults that he had committed.

Jones was supposed to make his initial court appearance on Thursday, but it is being alleged that he declined to appear in front of the judge.

In the meanwhile, he will be arraigned on September 27, and he is being held without bond.

Related Articles

Back to top button