22-year-old Lincoln man arrested and charged with first-degree murder in connection to Sunday’s fatal downtown shooting
LINCOLN, Nebraska – A 22-year-old male has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with Sunday’s tragic downtown shooting.
Officers were dispatched to the area of 18th and O Streets early Sunday morning after receiving a complaint that a man had been shot in an alley between 18th Street and Antelope Valley Parkway, south of O Street.
Police said they discovered Robert Brannon, 33, with several gunshot wounds. He was declared deceased at the scene.
Officers discovered multiple bullet casings of two distinct calibers near Brannon. Officers discovered a handgun concealed beneath Brannon.
Jahhrasta S. Fletcher, a 22-year-old suspect, was reportedly captured on surveillance footage before fleeing the scene.
Surveillance footage suggests that Fletcher and Brannon met in the vicinity of a nearby business, according to LPD and court filings. According to the probable cause affidavit for Fletcher’s arrest, Brannon lunged towards Fletcher, who drew a revolver and fired at Brannon. Brannon fired back before falling to the ground. After approaching Brannon, Fletcher fired further shots from close range.
Monday around 10:45 a.m., Fletcher was brought into custody without incident, according to police.
Anyone with information regarding the event is urged to contact the Lincoln Police Department at (402) 441-6000 or Lincoln Crime Stoppers at (402) 475-3600.
Most recent news on TheSarpyCounty.com:
- Recent study reveals why babies smell so irresistible
- Matthew McConaughey opens up about his private life
- NASA made history last night by performing the “first planetary defense test” of our planet against an asteroid impact
- Actress Laura Pripon, also known as Donna Pinciotti in the “Crazy 70s” series, surprised fans with a new hairstyle
- Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters wrote an open letter to Vladimir Putin after cancelling two concerts in Poland
- Rihanna’s return to the big stage was long-awaited, she will perform at halftime of the “Super bowl” on February 12 in Arizona